April 23, 2014, 07:39:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rear hard-sided bed slide TT without bunkbeds  (Read 4704 times)
bikendan
Back-er-in-er

Marin Redwoods "Redwoods Roo"

« on: March 11, 2011, 09:51:39 PM »

i asked this before and never got any answers.
does anyone know of any of these that don't have bunk beds?
every one i've looked at, has bunk beds in the front.

we're not shopping but wanted to know if any one makes one so we could look at one. the DW is interested but not me.

Dan-Firefighter
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur
Zoe-The Golden Fetching Machine(RIP)
Hybrid Orange 2007 Roo 23SS
Chevrolet 2007 Avalanche
California Napa, Cal.
ghacker
Parking Heckler

Illinois

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 11:17:54 PM »

Can't swear to it, but I think I saw one recently that just had a rear bunkend. Might have been hard-sided too instead of canvas. Don't remember specifically because I looked at a lot that day. May have been one of the Thor Industry brands.

'06 Bayside       

'03 Dakota
'13 Ram 1500
Oz and Us
PUX is my life

Burlington, Ontario, Canada

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 03:13:11 AM »

In any of these rear glide models that have just two bunk beds the lower bunk folds up out of the way against the front wall of the trailer and in fact could easily be removed entirely.  The top bunk is usually narrower and with the mattress removed could be used as a shelf OR one could add a front fascia, thereby converting it to a wall to wall cabinet.  The Outback 210RS and KZ Spree 220KS would be examples.  At the time we bought our Spree 240BH we also seriously considered the rear glide KZ Spree 210KS and even then I was thinking that once our boys were no longer camping with us I'd do just that - remove the beds and convert the front end of the trailer with nicely finished cabinets, effectively converting the trailer into a really nice couple's trailer. Approve

An alternative you might want to check out are the relatively new V nose travel trailers, examples of what you seem to be asking for being the V Cross SuperLite 21VRK and Rockwood Windjammer 2102W by Forest River ... rear king slide bed, a really spacious front bathroom, and no bunk beds. Tongue
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 05:48:07 AM by Oz and Us » Logged

Oz Mods Gallery

'14 Freedom Express 192RBS / '05 Avalanche 4x2
'03 Fleetwood Yuma / '05 Avalanche 4x2
'08 KZ Spree 240BH-LX / '05 Avalanche 4x2
'07 RVision TrailCruiser C21RBH / '06 Silverado 4x4
2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe / '98 Explorer 4x4
'98 Jayco Eagle 10UD / '94 Caravan
'69 Coleman CT380 / '65 Impala

"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy!"
bikendan
Back-er-in-er

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 11:22:39 AM »

thanks, Oz.
the Windjammer is a possibility but not the V-Cross. the DW must have some counter space in the kitchen. that was the #1 priority why we bought the 23SS. the V-Cross has none but the Windjammer has some and maybe an extension could be added.

i think a V-nose with a front kitchen and rear hard slide, would be the perfect one for her.

Dan-Firefighter
Chevrolet 2007 Avalanche
California Napa, Cal.
Bob G.
Back-er-in-er

Happy to have a special someone in my life

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 12:25:30 PM »

i asked this before and never got any answers.
does anyone know of any of these that don't have bunk beds?
every one i've looked at, has bunk beds in the front.

we're not shopping but wanted to know if any one makes one so we could look at one. the DW is interested but not me.

If you are willing to look at used campers Outback in 2007 had several models with rear slide out Queen and a front Queen. An example is Outback 27RSDS.

http://keystone-outback.com/index.php?page=specs&year=2007

The 2007 Outback 23RS might also be an option. It has a queen rear slide, a queen in the front and a bunk over the queen.

These combination must not have been popular or something because those aren't available for 2011.

TV '96 GMC Suburban K1500 SLT factory HD towing package  SUV Green
'03 Outback 25RS  TravTrl Long Black
Camping trips
'11 several night of back yard camping and 3 short camping trips. One 9 day/8 night trip to NY state.
'10 none
'09 didn't keep track
'08 Camping trips; 10, Nights camped, 34
'07 camping trips; 1 tent, 7 PUP.
3 kids & a special someone with 3 kids
Oz and Us
PUX is my life

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 01:20:29 PM »

i think a V-nose with a front kitchen and rear hard slide, would be the perfect one for her.

I've seen several front kitchen V nose models but they're all much larger 30' models and none are a rear glide but rather conventional travel trailers ... I suspect the closest you'd get is that rear glide Windjammer with the front bathroom.  Here's some pics of a Windjammer 2102W a dealer near me has for sale ... looks really nice and the asking price sure is attractive. Tongue  One interesting point I notice about this particular model is that it looks like it may not be necessary to lower the couch before retracting the rear glide bed into the travel position as is usually the case with this type of rear glide floor plan ... the table also looks to be a much more robust self standing style rather than the wobbly dual pedestal type often found in this type of trailer.  If we didn't already have a trailer I'd be really tempted to go look at this one myself! Shocked

Oz Mods Gallery

ghacker
Parking Heckler

Illinois

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 01:49:15 PM »

I like that Windjammer too. Be a nice one if we didn't have kids. If we ever want to upgrade I'll have to keep that layout in mind.

'06 Bayside       

'03 Dakota
'13 Ram 1500
flakeyspam
Chocks-a-lot

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 02:01:54 PM »

Wow Oz I liked the prices at that dealership I found a rockwood mini which is what we are leaning toward for a great price I wonder waht it would involve for us buying one in canada they seem to have good inventory for the smaller tt

pam bentley shelby bentley
1998 coleman sun valley
tv 2006 jeep wrangler
1 teenage son
buddy the golden camper
gal the border collie camper
bikendan
Back-er-in-er

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2011, 03:48:09 PM »

If you are willing to look at used campers Outback in 2007 had several models with rear slide out Queen and a front Queen. An example is Outback 27RSDS.

http://keystone-outback.com/index.php?page=specs&year=2007

The 2007 Outback 23RS might also be an option. It has a queen rear slide, a queen in the front and a bunk over the queen.

These combination must not have been popular or something because those aren't available for 2011.

we have no need for a second queen bed, that would take up space for other things.

it would be just for the two of us, as an alternative to a Super C MH, for when we retire.
for us, an extra queen bed or bunks, just takes up valuable space that would be better used making a bigger kitchen or bathroom.

Dan-Firefighter
Chevrolet 2007 Avalanche
California Napa, Cal.
Oz and Us
PUX is my life

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2011, 09:14:41 AM »

Wow Oz I liked the prices at that dealership I found a rockwood mini which is what we are leaning toward for a great price I wonder waht it would involve for us buying one in canada they seem to have good inventory for the smaller tt

One reason that prices on travel trailers are becoming much more competitive here in Canada is the strength of our Loonie against your US$ which has been declining recently against other world currencies.  As an American you'd be taking a hit on the exchange rate so I suspect your better choice would be to price what you're looking for from online US dealers like RV Wholesalers and RV Direct.

Oz Mods Gallery

flakeyspam
Chocks-a-lot

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2011, 11:42:08 AM »

Duh sorry oz I do not know what I was thinking I forgot about the money difference

pam bentley shelby bentley
1998 coleman sun valley
tv 2006 jeep wrangler
1 teenage son
buddy the golden camper
gal the border collie camper
blueridge^campn
Handle Cranker

Foothills of the Blueridge Mtns. VA

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2011, 05:54:54 AM »

bikendan---- You can also checkout Forest River Rockwood Roo 21RS it does not have the bunks up front.

Me,DW,DS,DD
TV-1997 Jeep Cherokee
PU-2002 Viking 2107 Saga

"Always drink upstream from the herd"
Oz and Us
PUX is my life

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2011, 06:08:57 AM »

bikendan---- You can also checkout Forest River Rockwood Roo 21RS it does not have the bunks up front.

Although the Rockwood Roo 21RS does have a front kitchen with counterspace bikedan was asking for I'd have to actually see one first to decide if having the bathroom beside the kitchen would make that area feel cramped.  It's a great length though, certainly lightweight, but it also has the less popular queen rear glide bed rather than the now more common king bed in which you can sleep feet in and therefore don't have to crawl over your partner to get out of bed.  A nice camper though for just two adults! Tongue

Oz Mods Gallery

bikendan
Back-er-in-er

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2011, 09:42:45 AM »

well, that's new! the previous 21RS models had bunks in front. this must be a new floorplan for 2011. the front kitchen is amazing and the DW would love it. the only negative is no slideout. if only they would make a 23' with a superslide with the same floorplan. Disapprove

thanx for the heads up, didn't know of the changes to the 21RS. definitely a possibility if we ever get tired of the canvas.

Dan-Firefighter
Chevrolet 2007 Avalanche
California Napa, Cal.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: