December 20, 2014, 09:13:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Repairing front storage box  (Read 3618 times)
AMANDASMITH911
Wheel Chocker

« on: May 01, 2010, 06:38:44 PM »

We just got a PUP. When looking it over before purchase we missed damage from a previous leak in the front corner of the storage box. The vynil flooring is discolored and the particle board has obviously been wet. it is a small area about 15 inches long and 5 inches wide on the end back corner of the box.

after buying it and taking it home, I called and asked the seller if he knew what had caused the damage ( hoping to get a clue as to where the water came from) and he claimed to have no knowledge it exhistsed. that corner of the box is where he had the wood to chaulk the wheels and level stacked and i didn't move that when inspecting the box (my fault)  so i missed the damage. and he gave us that wood so its possible he didn't see it either because he didn't have to unpack that area.

does this sound like something that can somehow be braced from underneath? i hate to rip the whole box out to fix such a small area. i don't know how we are going to find out the cause of this leak? the seal and lid of the box look good?

any advice is appreciated.

amanda

1999 Coleman Meas, bought before we knew about ABS roof problems :(     towed by 2007 ford F150
mstrbill
Off Duty Moderator
Parking Heckler

Austin, Tx

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 06:50:45 PM »

Please put the mfg'er/model/year of your trailer in your profile. Without knowing that information we will not be able to give you specific repair advise.

Bill

the Camping Poms: Joy, Tori & Bella the Yorkie
2008 Fleetwood Niagara Highwall -  PopUp Blue  SUV Black - 2004 Chevy Suburban LT
96 Coleman Bayport -  PopUp Blue Pickup Blue - 98 F150SC - lots of great memories, but got tired of fighting the sagging cracking ABS roof
AMANDASMITH911
Wheel Chocker

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 07:10:45 PM »

Sorry, It is a 1999 Coleman Meas bought before we knew about ABS roof trouble :(. The roof looks ok right now and the inside of the camper is pristine. It's just our luck, This was supposed to be an upgrade from our tiny old 1972 travel trailler with a roof leak we fought for 3 years and lost the fight.

1999 Coleman Meas, bought before we knew about ABS roof problems :(     towed by 2007 ford F150
mstrbill
Off Duty Moderator
Parking Heckler

Austin, Tx

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 05:32:54 AM »

Then check out bluesman page on how he fixed his Fleetwood Bayside:

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/560644619sWuKJG

Bill

the Camping Poms: Joy, Tori & Bella the Yorkie
2008 Fleetwood Niagara Highwall -  PopUp Blue  SUV Black - 2004 Chevy Suburban LT
96 Coleman Bayport -  PopUp Blue Pickup Blue - 98 F150SC - lots of great memories, but got tired of fighting the sagging cracking ABS roof
jjdube
Wheel Chocker

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 05:57:10 AM »

We just bought a '03 coleman bayside and notice the same thing in our front storage box.  Our lid was warped on the corner just enough to let the water in.  We plan on replacing the floor in the storage box before it spreads and replacing the rubber gasket on the lid.  Fingers crossed that works.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: