July 30, 2014, 11:22:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sixnall Bike Rack photos  (Read 5159 times)
mikebel
Handle Cranker

Freedom is never free!

« on: August 11, 2009, 06:00:41 PM »

Here are the pix to go along with the Sixnall bike rack review I did a few posts back.  On the rack there are 5 bikes, an 11.5' folding boat and a Burley bike cart that we modified for fishing.  You can check out the cart on the "Not Stock" forum, it's pretty neat.

You'll notice the large straps are not fastened around the camper, but they would be for transport.

Mike 48
Laura ??
Danielle  14
John 12
Michael 9
Maddy 3, yellow lab
1999 Coleman Bayside
CarlQB
Chocks-a-lot

Quebec City, Canada

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 07:31:31 AM »

Any issues with the straps on the awning side?
Wouldn't they put too much pressure on the awning poles stored in the bag?

A few years ago I made my own strap-on bike rack with aluminium tubing. I still use it and it works good. I ran the straps to the rear and front because I didn't want to run them over the awning bag.

Carl

Canada   Quebec    99 Coleman Santa Fe, 06 Toyota Highlander V6
http://bluetravco.blogspot.com/
Beacher
Parking Heckler

Sunny Southern California - USA

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 02:37:20 PM »

Any damage to the bottom of the side body panels, where the straps go under the trailer?

I noticed some badly bent Alumicote body panels when a canoe was carried and securely strapped to a new 2009 Coleman, while on the road this summer.

2004 Fleetwood/Coleman - GTE Niagara  ... For $ale
2014 Thor - Hurricane 34E
mikebel
Handle Cranker

Freedom is never free!

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 09:51:46 AM »

Regarding the awning bag, I haven't noticed any issue.  The straps compress the bag into the trailer, but everything seems OK with the bag, pole and awing.

Regarding any panel damage near the bottom where the straps go under the trailer, there is a small indentation near the bottom of my fold up step and that is about where the strap was.  However this is a new-to-us trailer and I honestly can't say that the strap caused the dent.  It could have, but then I would think I'd have the issue at the other 3 contact points and I don't. 

I've only had the pup a few months and taking it out 2x's, once with the rack.  I think the key to the straps is to tighten them enough to secure the load but don't overtighten.  These straps are big and you can really crank them tight (causing damage) if you are not careful.

Mike 48
Laura ??
Danielle  14
John 12
Michael 9
Maddy 3, yellow lab
1999 Coleman Bayside
HighLifeGuy
Back-er-in-er

Independence, Missouri

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 01:49:53 PM »

Nice!!!    how do you like that instaboat?  I am looking for a folding or inflatable boat for fishing.

Matt('75) BEER!       Vicki('78) Beer      
DS('01)                 
Tatum (Australian cattle dog mix)
'09 Jayco 1207    '99 Suburban  PopUp Blue SUV Grey
Click for Kansas City International, Missouri Forecast" border="0" height="40" width="467
mikebel
Handle Cranker

Freedom is never free!

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 06:51:01 AM »

The Insta-boat is cool!  66lbs so it is fairly easy to move around.  It fits in my rack real well.  I've taken it on 2 trips so far and no issues at all during transport.  It hauls me (168 lbs.) and my 2 boys 9 & 12.  I'm using a 35 lbs thrust trolling motor right now and that is OK but I'm going to get either a 40lbs thrust or a very small gas motor.
It sets up/tears down in about 2 minutes.

It's good for 2 adults or like me, 1 adult and 2 smaller kids.  Great for fishing or just motoring around a small lake.  I had it on the intercoastal in Pensacola FL and it was OK but a bit small for any choppy water.

I got lucky and found mine on CraigsList for $450.  New they are $1500.  IMO, you can't beat it for when you want to camp and haul bikes and a boat.  It is nice to be able to bring the toys camping!!

Mike 48
Laura ??
Danielle  14
John 12
Michael 9
Maddy 3, yellow lab
1999 Coleman Bayside
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: