February 20, 2017, 04:56:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying a camper, selling a camper  (Read 1278 times)
winger999
Wheel Chocker

« on: March 23, 2015, 08:37:24 AM »

The boss (also known as my wife) feels it is time to get a camper with a regular queen mattress.  It so happens that we have stumbled upon a one year old, full size camper with a queen that a relative is selling to us at a very reasonable price.  However, we have a 2011 KZ Spree Hybrid that is in perfectly good shape that we need to sell.  I need suggestions on what you folks feel is the best way to sell the Spree.  What has worked for you?  The boss says the hybrid has to go!

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
winger999
Wheel Chocker

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 09:26:43 AM »

Funny, after posting this I see a spot on the left of the home page to sell campers!  Still need any good ideas!
techntrek
Parking Heckler

MD near the PA border

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 12:01:39 PM »

Not sure what happened, I had posted a full write-up before.  I've used Craigslist for my last 2 campers, a car, and some odds and ends.  But you must protect yourself.

I add "if you are 'overseas' and your 'cousin' wants to give me a cashier's check, don't bother" to the description.  That is a common theme from the scammers.  I also add "cash only" and I mean it.  I keep one of those counterfeit bill detector pens and swipe it across each bill, costs about $10.

Don't enter your phone or email address in the spots that Craigslist asks for it.  Add it to the bottom of the description, encoded to keep computers from skimming them.  Like "Five five 5 - one 2 3 four".  Or "Five five X - one 2 3 four, please change the X to a five".  I state "texts only for inquiries" and then ignore any phone calls (I ignore all unknown phone numbers anyway).  I never enter an email address for inquiries unless it is a throw-away mailbox.

You'll get several voicemails/texts, even on a brand new post, that say "is this item still for sale".  I ignore them.  Those are more sophisticated skimmers that are trying to verify your phone number.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 12:03:06 PM by techntrek » Logged

'10 Forest River R-pod 171 (2009-2015) ~ '08 Forest River Salem 26TBUD (2014-) ~ ............................Very important, read this link!
rjniles
Back-er-in-er

Georgetown SC

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 11:59:40 AM »

Just sold my pop-up yesterday. Listed on Craigslist last Friday. 5 days and gone. Price it right, if you get crazy with your asking price you will get no responses. Expect to get a few hundred less than you ask ( I asked $2200 and sold for $2000).
Cash only unless you are selling to someone you know VERY well. Forget newspaper ads, no one reads them.

Bob & Sandra

2002 Coleman Cheyenne (sold)
2007 Chrysler T&C (retired from towing)
2009 Passport Ultralite 195RB
2014 Ford F150 STX Supercab
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: